Discover one of the hidden jewels of Paris with this Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Tour. Learn about the history and importance of the Roman Catholic place of worship.
Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Tour
We'll start the guided tour of the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal at 4.45 pm at 140 Rue du Bac. It is believed that an amazing miracle took place here in 1830, the Virgin Mary appeared before the nun Catherine Labouré, and told the nun to create the Miraculous Medal. From this extraordinary event, the construction of the chapel began and today its's considered to be one of the most important Catholic pilgrimage centres in Paris.
Inside the chapel, we'll see the beautiful luminous carving of the Virgin Mary, venerated by hundreds of faithful who come to this Parisian temple to pray and make their prayers. We'll also admire other dazzling works of art including the altar and the beautiful frescoes that decorate the walls and the ceiling.
During the guided tour of the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal we'll also find out which artists have dedicated part of their work to reproducing the sacred medallion. This pendant is not only the symbol of the place of worship but also a sign of expressing one's faith. We'll conclude the visit discovering some interesting curiosities about the origin and later development of this catholic temple.
It is forbidden to enter the Chapel wearing miniskirts, shorts and clothing that exposes the shoulders.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 8 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 8 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (4:45 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Rue du Bac, 140.