Bear in mind
Licensed taxis in Paris are normal cars with a “Taxi Parisien” sign on the roof. Inside they must have a taxi fare meter and a badge with the driver’s license number.
Taxis are obligated to take you to the address you ask for. However, Parisian cab drivers are sometimes known for not taking you to your destination if they consider the journey isn’t convenient for them or if you have too much luggage, for example.
- Minimum fare: 2,40€.
- Price per kilometre (1 kilometre is 7,45 miles) from Monday to Saturday (10 am – 5 pm): 0.96€
- Price per kilometre (1 kilometre is 7,45 miles) from Monday to Saturday (5 pm – 10 am): 1.17€
- Price per kilometre (1 kilometre is 7,45 miles) on Sunday (7 am – 12 am): 1.21€
- Price per kilometre (1 kilometre is 7,45 miles) on Sunday night and public holidays: 1.47€
- Extra charge for the fourth passenger: 3€
- Extra charge per suitcase (from the second suitcase onwards): 1€.
- For a waiting period of one hour: between 30.33€ and 35.05€.
The minimum service fee is 6.20€ including the supplements.
Cabs will always cost the same, whether you call one, go to a taxi rank or hail one in the street.
Taxi contact phone number
Nowadays, there is one number for all taxi companies:
- 01 45 30 30 30