Parks and Gardens in Paris
Paris is one of the greenest capitals of Europe and this is particularly evident when travellers visit the observation decks of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc du Triomphe. The various green spaces are visible in all corners of the city.
Most beautiful parks and gardens
- Designed in 1615 by Marie de’ Medici, the Luxembourg Garden is the most centric, popular and beautiful garden in Paris.
- The Tuileries Garden was the first public garden in Paris. Nowadays, it is one of the most charming and popular green oasis in the city.
- Created in 1635 as a medicinal garden for Louis XIII, the Garden of Plants has been used throughout the centuries by botanists, doctors and pharmacists.
- The Champs de Mars is a peaceful park at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. On the opposite side of the garden is the École Militaire (Military School).
A Little further away
- The Bois de Boulogne is a large park covering an area of 845 hectares (2090 acres), a true paradise for those who want to enjoy a bit of nature.