France Travel Advice

France Travel Advice

Depending on your nationality, these are the necessary documents you will need to travel to France:

EU Citizens

France belongs to the European Union, specifically its Schengen Zone. If you are from another country within this zone, you can visit Paris using only your passport or I.D.

US & UK Citizens

American citizens and citizens of the United Kingdom traveling to France for less than 90 days do not need a visa. However, they will need a valid passport for at least six months beyond their stay. Immigration officers may also ask citizens to show enough funds for their stay and a return airline ticket.

Australian Citizens

Australian citizens visiting France or any other European country in the Schengen Convention (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) for less than 90 days do not require a visa. Passports need to have at least six-month validity from the planned date of return.

EU, EEA and Swiss Citizens

As citizens of the European Union and European Economic Area, you will not need a visa to enter the country.

EU Member Countries

Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania and Sweden.

EEA Countries

Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. 

Visa-Free Countries

The following countries do not require a visa for visits lasting less than 90 days, but require a valid passport to enter France.

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Vatican City, Switzerland, Singapore, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Other Countries

For citizens of countries not previously mentioned, we recommend going to the French Embassy or visiting the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website for more information: