Enjoy a full day-trip to the city of Reims, discover the picturesque wine region of Champagne and visit the cellars of Mumm and Mercier, two of the world’s most renowned sparkling wine producers.
On board a luxury air-conditioned coach, you’ll depart from central Paris at 8 am and head to Reims and France's Champagne region, 150 km from the capital.
Upon arrival, you’ll begin the day with a guided tour of the cellars of the prestigious Mumm Champagne house to find out about the main steps in the development of their many Champagnes. The tour finishes with a tasting of their famous “Red Ribbon” Champagne, one of the most renowned sparkling wines in the world.
Hop back on the coach and continue your journey to Reims, where you’ll follow the guide into the striking Cathedral, Notre-Dame de Reims. This Gothic-styled masterpiece is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover where the Kings of France were once coronated surrounded by impressive thirteenth century stained glass windows.
After visiting the imposing religious edifice, you’ll have time to explore Reims’ city centre, relax in the Erlon Square and have a tasty French cuisine lunch in one of its numerous restaurants. This region has several specialities worth trying, including “white pudding”, a type of sausage, Chaource and Langres cheeses and Reims' typical pink biscuits.
It is now time to head to Epernay. During the ride, you can admire the French countryside, full of charming villages, lush forests and pretty vineyards.
Once in Epernay, you’ll visit Mercier, a Champagne house established in 1858. Accompanied by an audio guide, you’ll travel on an automatic train to a depth of 30 meters to the cellars. The tour will finish with a Champagne tasting.
The tour will end in central Paris at 6:30 pm.
If you book this tour on Monday, you’ll visit the Tattinger cellar instead of Mercier cellar.
On rare occasions, should the planned cellars be unavailable, we will visit a different equivalent.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|English Guided Tour||
English Guided Tour
Children between 3-11 years oldUS$ 193.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
10 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Return transportation on a luxury air conditioned coach.
Official English speaking guide.
Entry to the Reims Cathedral.
Visit Mumm and Mercier Champagne cellars, with Champagne tastings.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
2 rue des Pyramides, 75001.