Explore the magnificent Palace of Versailles, the main residence of the French Royal Family from 1682 until 1789, on a full day-tour by bike!
Greet your expert English-speaking guide and the rest of the group in a small park in Paris and set off to Versailles on a comfortable train.
Upon arrival in the quaint town of Versailles, hop on a bicycle and peddle to the renowned city market, where you will choose your picnic supplies (not included in the tour price). Next, you will ride to the Palace of Versailles and discover its beautiful grounds, packed with pretty tree-lined paths and winding trails. During the bike tour, you will stop numerous times to learn about the fascinating history of one of the most famous monuments of world heritage.
Once you get to the Grand Canal, park your bike and enjoy a delicious hand-picked picnic. With your energy restored, cruise through the grounds to visit Marie Antoinette’s Hamlet and the Petit Trianon, a small château commissioned by Louis XV of France. Afterwards, make your way to the Palace of Versailles, where you will be handed skip the line entrance tickets, so you can avoid the endless queues and walk straight in. Visit its striking rooms and learn about the beginning of the French Revolution with your English language audioguide. Then, discover the wonderful Hall of Mirrors, where the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end the First World War.
After an unforgettable day at one of the most famous palaces in the world, you will take the train back to Paris.
- Activity level: Athletic cycling.
- The bike tour will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly. If you don’t have a waterproof coat, you can purchase a rain poncho at our office.
- All participants over 12 years old must be able to ride a bike.
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please write in the comments section if you need special equipment for your children.
- If you are able please, bring a backpack to carry your food for our picnic lunch. We will visit the market upon our arrival (price of picnic are not included in tour price) to the town of Versailles and then stop for lunch several hours later. Please bring Euro cash for market supplies as well.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Adults||Children 4-17 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children 4-17 years oldUS$ 100.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
8 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Helmet (provided but optional).
Return transport Versailles Paris.
Guided tour of Royal Grounds.
Access to Chateau.
Access to Royal Gardens.
Access to Queen's Hamlet and Petit Trianon.
Audio guide inside Chateau.
Picnic (price of picnic supplies are not included in the tour price).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).