Immerse yourself in the history of the Second World War on this day trip to the D-Day Beaches of Normandy from Paris. Visit key battle locations and learn about the conflict that changed the world forever.
Normandy D-Day Beaches Day Trip Itinerary
"A time and a place where the bravery and the selflessness of a few was able to change the course of an entire century". With this speech, made during the 65th anniversary of the Normandy landings, former US President Barack Obama put into words what the events of the 6th June 1944 meant for contemporary world history. Discover some of the most important sights and stories of World War II on this day trip from Paris.
The first stop on your tour will be at the Caen Memorial Museum, a war memorial and peace museum. Showcased in different exhibitions, you'll see military maps, uniforms and armed vehicles used during the D-Day landings. The museum also has several rooms which show short documentary films about the battles, allowing you to better understand the secret plans and strategies surrounding the famous military operation.
After visiting the museum, you'll be taken to the next stop on your tour: Pointe du Hoc. This 100-foot (30 m) high promontory overlooking the English Channel was the site of one of the D-Day battles, in which American forces scaled the cliffs to defeat the Nazi army.
Next to the Pointe du Hoc viewpoint you'll find another key location of the Normandy landings: Omaha Beach. You'll visit the nearby American Cemetery and Memorial, where over 9000 US armed forces soldiers who died in Europe during World War II were laid to rest.
Finally, depending on weather conditions, you'll head to one of two other beaches: Arromanches or Juno. Both were important battle sites which will help you to better understand the history of the armed conflict.
At the end of the day, you'll make your way back to Paris from the coast of Normandy, arriving late in the evening.
Lunch at Caen Memorial
With the visit to the Caen Memorial museum over, we'll enjoy a delicious local menu.
The option of a tour without lunch is currently unavailable.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Day trip with lunch||
Day trip with lunch
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 211.60
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of World War II history.
Entrance to the Caen Memorial Museum.
Norman lunch at the museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
2 Rue des Pyramides.