Visit three of the Loire Valley’s most-famous castles: Château de Chambord, Château de Cheverny and Château de Chambord and experience how life was like during the Renaissance period.
Loire Valley Castles Day Trip Itinerary
Depart from central Paris at 7:15am on a luxury-air conditioned coach and in a little over three hours you will arive at the châteaus of the Loire Valley. The excursion includes a tour of two of the most famous Renaissance Châteaux in the Loire Valley:
Château de Chambord
Chambord is one of the largest castles in the region and one of the most-visited due to its French Renaissance design. It was constructed for King Francis I of France in 1519. Initially, it was to be one of his hunting grounds. In 1981, it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Tasting of two French wines
Between your visits of the two châteaus, you'll make a stop at a winery where you'll enjoy a tasting of two French wines and learn all about them thanks to a wine expert. You must be over 18 years old to participate in the wine tasting.
Château de Chenonceau
Chenonceau is known as the “The Ladies’ Castle”. It was established in 1513 by Katherine Briçonnet, remodelled by Diana de Poitiers and by Catherine de Medici and saved from the French Revolution by Madame Dupin. Throughout the centuries, women have preserved it from any conflict, making it a haven of peace.
After visiting the last palace, you’ll return on the coach and arrive in central Paris at 8 pm. On Saturdays, you’ll arrive a little later.
Tour with an audio guide
You can choose to do this day trip with an audio guide with pre-recorded commentary in English. In this case, you’ll discover the castles at your own pace. All tours with audio guide take as long as the guided tours and follow the same route.
- 1 April to 31 October (only Mondays and Saturdays): You will visit Château d'Amboise instead of Château de Chambord. This palace houses Leonardo da Vinci’s tomb, who spent the last three years of his life in a neighbouring Château.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adult||Children 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|English-Speaking Guided Tour||
|Tour with Audio Guide||
English-Speaking Guided Tour
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 171.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
Tour with Audio Guide
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 164.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
12 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Return transportation by luxury airconditioned coach.
Official English speaking guide (depending on the option chosen).
Admission to the various castles.
Tasting of two French wines.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001.