Discover what happened in the Notre Dame fire, explore the interior of its "little sister" and tour the Ile de la Cité, the oldest part of Paris.
Notre Dame Guided Tour
The tour meets on the far bank of the Seine river, from where we'll see one of the most famous and most storied cathedrals in the world. And despite the recent fire, Notre Dame still represents one of the most beautiful examples of Gothic architecture.
Outside the cathedral itself, your guide will explain what happened that fateful afternoon of the 15th of April, and how the fire began in the roof, destroying the spire and causing severe damage to the interior. And you'll learn what the Parisian firemen did to preserve the cathedral's jewels as well as possible, with audiovisual aids from our guide.
Once we've spoken about the destruction, it's time to learn about the reconstruction of Notre Dame, what the process will be, and how they're sorting through the hundreds of proposals being sent from architects around the world.
Next we'll take a guided tour of the Ile de la Cité, as we discover the history of this little island in the Seine - the location where the medieval Paris was founded, and admire some of its most emblematic buildings, including Sainte Chapelle or the Conciergerie.
Finally, we'll head to the Latin Quarter to admire one of the best examples of gothic architecture in Paris, the church of Saint Séverin, known as "Notre Dame's little sister" - a smaller but equally beautiful and imposing structure. We'll head inside to marvel at its architecture, stained glass windows and artworks.
The tour then ends just outside the church.
Donation for Notre Dame's Reconstruction
When reserving this tour, you will contribute €1 for the reconstruction of the Notre Dame Cathedral. This is included in the price.
This guided tour does not include access to the Notre Dame Cathedral, as it's closed to the public following the fire on the 15th April 2019.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 16|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 16Free
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Guide in English.
€1 donation for Notre Dame's reconstruction.
Guided tour of the Ile de la Cité and the church of Saint Séverin.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:30 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Boutique Souvenir 7, Rue Lagrange.