Travel back in time to the Middle Ages and Renaissance period on a 2-day trip to Mont Saint Michel and visit the impressive Loire Valley Castles.
Day 1: Paris - Mont Saint Michel - Angers
Depart from central Paris at 7:15am on a luxury air-conditioned coach and relax while you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the French countryside on the Normandy highway. You’ll arrive in Mont Saint Michel at around 11:30am. You’ll be dropped off at the entrance to the causeway to enjoy breath-taking views of the rock while you are served a delicious 3-course meal with beverages included at the Relais Saint Michel and sample the region’s specialties.
After lunch, you will be taken on a shuttle to the feet of Mont Saint Michel. Follow your guide through the town’s medieval streets and houses and admire the remaining city walls while you climb to the top of the island and step into the renowned Gothic-styled Benedictine Abbey, one of the most popular attractions in France. After the guided tour, you’ll have time to explore the pilgrimage site at your own pace, admire the magnificent views over the river or try some typical Breton crêpes.
You’ll depart from Mont Saint Michel at approximately 4:30pm and head to Angers, where you’ll spend the night in a 3-star hotel and enjoy a tasty dinner.
Day 2: Angers - Langeais - Amboise - Chenonceau - Paris
The day begins bright and early. After breakfast, the coach will stop briefly at the Château d’Angers, where you’ll admire the exterior of this impressive medieval fortress flanked by 17 towers. Get on board the coach and head to Langeais, which is an-hour journey away. Here, you'll visit the most ancient turret in France and recall the country’s history in the Château de Louis XI.
At around midday, the coach will drop you off at Amboise, where you’ll have time to choose somewhere to have lunch and walk around the Château d’Amboise's grounds. Once you’ve finished lunch, you’ll meet up with the guide who will lead you to the Château de Chenonceau, one of the symbols of the history of France. During your guided tour, you’ll discover why this magnificent building is called the “Château des Dames” and you’ll discover how the Castle's residents lived during the Renaissance period.
After exploring the fortress, you'll enjoy a wine tasting near Chenonceau, where you will discover the wine tradition of this region and you will discover the typical gastronomy of the Loire Valley.
The coach will head back to Paris at around 6:30pm and you’ll be back in the city center at 9pm.
Depending on the duration of the day trip, the tour includes one or two nights in a 3-star hotel with dinner and buffet breakfast included.
The hotels are the following:
- Day 1 - Angers: Hotel Mercure Lac de Maine or similar.
- Day 2 – Tours (optional): Hotel Mercure Tours Nord or similar.
- If you require a single room instead of a double room, you’ll have to pay a supplement.
- If you reserve the 2 day trip on the 22nd and 30th of March we'll visit the Amboise chateau instead of Chambord.
- From the 1st April 2019 this tour will not include dinner in Angers. Instead, you'll have free time to eat lunch at your own pace.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 535.20
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation on a luxury air conditioned coach.
English speaking guide.
Entry to all the landmarks you visit.
Accommodation in a 3 star hotel for 1 or 2 nights (double room occupancy with private bathroom).
Accommodation includes dinner and buffet breakfast.
Lunch at the Relais Saint Michel restaurant or similar during the first day of the tour.
Lunch at the Saint Hubert Cour Cheverny restaurant during the third day (optional).
Lunch on day 2.
When to book?
You can book up until 8 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
2 rue des Pyramides, 75001.